Family activity in the Bahía de Cádiz Natural Park
Why is it interesting? You will get to know a unique environment listed as Punta del Boquerón Natural Monument, a sandy bar that separates the marshes of the Sancti Petri spout from the Camposoto dune system. Through a wooden walkway we will cross beautiful dune systems where vegetation grows adapted to these difficult conditions. We will enjoy going through an intermediate territory between land and sea. Inland, we will observe some marshes full of life whose landscape varies depending on the tides, where a great variety of birds find refuge, both for wintering and for breeding. As we move forward, we observethe remains of a set of defensive batteries that extend in this strategic place and, once at the tip, we will see the so-called Sancti Petri Castle, an islet where a mythical sanctuary was located in Roman times: the temple of Hercules, later turned into a defensive bulwark. The route will conclude with a pleasant walk along the beach back to the starting point, where you can enjoy free time at Camposoto beach. After the picnic, there is the possibility to visit the salt flats of Chiclana, where it is possible to observe a great variety of birds.
What is the itinerary?
Details of the didactic hiking in Cádiz Bay Natural Park
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
||5,2 km (round trip)|
||< 20 m|
|Recommended time||Verano, Primavera, otoño, invierno|
|Additional information||If you want us to prepare a healthy pecnic, you can request it with the reservation (5 € / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.|
|Type of excursion
||It is a private excursion to go with your family or friends. If you need something special or a different language (german, italian, french), ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
Degree of protection of natural space:
Cadiz Bay has been a Natural Park since 1989. It is also a Special Area for Protection of Birds (ZEPA) and Special Conservation Zone (ZEC) of the Natura 2000 European ecological network.
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.