Nature experience in Doñana
Why it’s interesting? You can discover an extensive wet area of great importance for birds. The itinerary passes through the northern area of the natural area of Doñana, where you will have the opportunity to enjoy the presence of a multitude of water birds that inhabit or transit through this great wetland created at the mouth of the Guadalquivir. Due to its extension and strategic situation, it is an important wintering place for migratory birds, which makes it a paradise for bird lovers. On the return trip we will cross the Pinares de Aznalcázar and Puebla del Río, places of scenic interest and important wildlife refuges.
What is the itinerary?
Details of the hiking and birdwatching in North Doñana
|Departure time||7:30 am|
|Check in||14:30 approximately|
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
|Place of return||The same|
|Path length||3 km (several sections)|
|Slope||< 20 m|
|Recommended time||Winter, autumn, spring|
|Additional information||If you want us to prepare an ecological picnic, you can request it with the reservation (€ 8 / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.|
|Type of excursion||It is a shared excursion where you can meet people with similar interests. If you are looking for a private excursion with your family or friends, ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.
Our sunrise tour today to observe the birdlife wintering in the Northern Donana National Park and surrounding areas with biologist Maria Paz was excellent! Maria’s background in, and passion for conservation, made the journey very informative as she has in-depth knowledge of the history and current status. In addition to Shoveler, Red-crested Pochard, Marbled Duck, Griffin Vulture, Marsh and Hen Harriers, there was the unexpected bonus of Bonelli’s and Booted Eagles, the impressive Black-winged Kite and the indigenous Iberian Grey Shrike. As if that wasn’t enough, Maria gave us a detailed introduction to the successful Lesser Kestrel conservation project providing abundant views of this threatened species. An amazing day out in Europe’s most important national park. We will be back Maria. See you soon!
M. Paz has a lifetime’s experience of birds and ecology. She is passionate about her subjects and shared her knowledge and interests with us enthusiastically. We had a really special morning with her exploring Doñana Natural Park and seeing birds that we had never even heard of-night heron and black shouldered kite among them.
Maria Paz nous a fait une visite en anglais. Elle nous a fait découvrir le nord du parc de Doñana et des espèces d’oiseaux que nous ne connaissions pas. Pendant toute cette journée elle a été à notre écoute et nous avons mieux compris cet écosystème particulier. Maria Paz est une personne chaleureuse qui connaît bien son sujet et sa région, de plus elle a investi dans du matériel de qualité pour l’observation. Nous avons passé un très bon moment en sa compagnie. Nous souhaitons bonne continuation à Maria Paz.
We had a great morning exploring the North Doñana region and looking for many bird species.
It was amazing to see the different landscapes and the animals that inhabit them.
Paz was a very capable guide and was well equipped. That way we were able to zoom in on the bird colonies on the other side of the lake. It felt like we were in a nature documentary !
Certainly a great addition to our Seville trip. Thanks again !
Leave a Review