Why it’s interesting? We will walk through the lagoon of the Dehesa de Abajo enjoying with all the senses this paradise for birds. We will later enter the area of pine forests located in the northern area of the natural park of Doñana, where unique species find their best refuge. A short tour around a lagoon where many of Doñana’s birds take refuge.
What is the itinerary? We will stop off at the visitor center of Dehesa de Abajo where there will be an introduction to the world of birds and we will carry out observation activities that will allow us to enjoy the world of birds. Later we will walk attentively among pine trees, before having the the possibility of listening to some other species present here: genets, meloncillos (mongoose), kites, eagles, and even the well-known Iberian lynx … hide among this vegetation. We will analyze why the pine trees are the dominant trees in these areas, and the use that humans have made of this vegetation over time.
Details of the hiking and wildlife observation in Doñana North
|Departure time||8:00 am|
|Check in||13:00 approximately|
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
|Place of return||The same|
|Path length||5 km|
|Slope||< 10 m|
|Recommended time||Winter, autumn, spring|
|Additional information||If you want us to prepare an ecological picnic, you can request it with the reservation (€ 8 / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.|
Type of excursion
|It is a shared excursion where you can meet people with similar interests. If you are looking for a private excursion with your family or friends, ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
Degree of protection of the natural area
The Dehesa de Abajo Concerted Nature Reserve declared in the year 2000, and the La Puebla-Aznalcázar Pinares sector are included in the Doñana North and West Special Conservation Zone. They are also protected as a Special Protection Zone for Birds included in the Natura 2000 Network.
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review