Nature experience in Doñana
Why it’s interesting? you will be able to get to know one of the most unique coastal formations of the Peninsula: the Asperillo Cliff Natural Monument. On the tour, you will be surprised with the fossil dune system that extends along twelve hectares of coastline, between the towns of Matalascañas and Mazagón. It is a sandy cliff formed by the sedimentation of sands, organic matter and other materials. In this special enclave, you will enjoy contemplating the beauty of the landscape.
At the top of the cliff, seated in the sands, you will see gorse, shrubs, junipers, Spanish firs and replanted pine trees that, with their roots, fix the sands preventing the advance of the dunes. In these environments live threatened species such as the black turtle, the snout viper, the Iberian lynx or the meloncillo (European mongoose).
In your free time, you can take a walk through the unique village of Rocio, and enjoy the excellent views of the “marshland of the mothers”.
What is the itinerary?
Details of the hiking and wildlife observation in Doñana
|Departure time||7:30 am|
|Check in||14:30 approximately|
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
|Place of return||The same|
|Path length||5, km|
|Recommended time||Winter, autumn, spring|
|Additional information||If you want us to prepare an ecological picnic, you can request it with the reservation (€ 8 / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.|
|Type of excursion||It is a shared excursion where you can meet people with similar interests. If you are looking for a private excursion with your family or friends, ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.