Nature experience in Doñana
Why it’s interesting? You will be able to get to know one of the most spectacular landscapes of the Doñana National Park: the moving sand dune system, which is also one of the only ones that remain in the Iberian Peninsula. You will understand the formation process of this dune system, and the strategies that different species develop to survive in these difficult conditions. You will enjoy walking through one of the last virgin beaches of the Spanish coast, seeing the thirty kilometers that extend between the town centre of Matalascañas and the mouth of the Guadalquivir river.
What is the itinerary?
Details of the hiking and wildlife observation in Doñana
|Departure time||8:00 am|
|Check in||15:00 approximately|
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
|Place of return||The same|
|Path length||5 km|
|Slope||< 50 m|
|Recommended time||Winter, autumn, spring, summer|
|Additional information||If you want us to prepare an ecological picnic, you can request it with the reservation (€ 8 / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.|
Type of excursion
|It is a shared excursion where you can meet people with similar interests. If you are looking for a private excursion with your family or friends, ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
Degree of protection of the natural area
Doñana was declared a National Park in 1969 and included in 1980 as a Biosphere Reserve and on the list of World Heritage sites within the UNESCO. In 1989 it was declared a Natural Park, the protected area was almost doubled. In addition, it is a Special Protection Area for Birds (SPA) and Special Conservation Zone (ZEC) of the Natura 2000 European ecological network and is included in the List of Wetlands of International Importance Ramsar and is included in the List of Wetlands of International Importance Ramsar.
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.
Do not miss the opportunity to go with Maria Paz on an ecotour. She is gracious, knowledgable, and fun! She picked us up in a comfortable van and took us around to Doñana National Park to see three distinct habitats with the park and the animals that live there. We saw so many birds. My favorite where the flamingos! Great trip for families and bird lovers.
Leave a Review