Family activity in the Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park
Why it’s interesting? We can look closely at the famous pinsapar of the Sierra del Pinar, where a unique spruce species has found one of its last refuges to survive. We will get to this unique area by a track that runs parallel to the Pinar stream in the middle of a varied Mediterranean vegetation formed by holm oaks, lentisks and olivillas, with the occasional Gall oak in the shadiest areas. On the way we will enjoy the views of the Sierra del Pinar, where the silhouette of El Torreón stands out at 1,648 m, the highest point in the province of Cádiz, and with the sighting of the griffon vultures over our heads, which nest in the nearby walls of the Green Throat, making this one of the biggest colonies in Europe. At the end of the tour, we will rest in a recreational area where there will be time to enjoy and play with the family.
What is the itinerary?
Details of the hiking and wildlife observation excursion in Grazalema
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
||12,4 km (round trip)|
||Spring, Autumn, Winter|
|Additional information||If you want us to prepare a healthy picnic, you can request it with the reservation (5 € / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.|
|Type of excursion
||It is a private excursion to go with your family or friends. If need something special, ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
Degree of protection of Sierra de Grazalema
Sierra de Grazalema was declared a Biosphere Reserve in 1977 and a natural park in 1984. It is included as a Special Protection Area for Birds (ZEPA) and also as a Special Conservation Zone (ZEC) of the network Natura 2000 European. In 2006, it was included in the Mediterranean Intercontinental Reserve, along with other natural areas. It includes the Cuevas del Gato and Cueva del Hundidero Natural Monuments.
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.