Nature experience in La Breña
Why it’s interesting? you will know the spectacular Cliff of Barbate, the great fossil dune that conceals the famous “pipes” of water, with impressive panoramic views that stand out between dense pine and juniper forests. We will start from the Hierbabuena beach, where we will enjoy the moving sand dunes. Soon we will reach “the cliff”, formed by a natural wall more than one hundred meters high, molded by exposure to the sea and the easterly wind, with numerous holes turned into great refuges for birds. When you reach the viewpoint located in the Tower of the Tagus, you can not fail to be surprised by the views, when you see Africa on the other shore of the Strait, and towns such as Barbate or Zahara de los Atunes, Los Caños de Meca and the tombstone of Trafalgar, a sandy bar listed as a Natural Monument. At the end of the day a walk to Vejer de la Frontera is included.
What is the itinerary?
Details of the hiking day in La Breña
|Departure time||8:00 am|
|Check in||18:00 approximately|
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
|Place of return||The same|
|Path length||8 km (several sections)|
|Slope||< 20 m|
||Winter, autumn, spring, summer|
|Additional information|| If you want us to prepare an ecological picnic, you can request it with the reservation (€ 8 / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.
In Barbate and Vejer, you will have the possibility to buy delicious products, famous for their high quality.
|Type of excursion||It is a shared excursion where you can meet people with similar interests. If you are looking for a private excursion with your family or friends, ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
Degree of protection of the natural area
La Breña y Marismas del Barbate has been a Natural Park since 1989. It is also a Special Area for Protection of Birds (ZEPA) and Special Conservation Zone (ZEC) of the Natura 2000 European ecological network.
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review