Nature experience in Cadiz Bay
Why it’s interesting? You will have the opportunity to get to know the Punta del Boquerón Natural Monument, a sandy bar that separates the marshes of the Sancti Petri spout from the dune system of Camposoto.
What is the itinerary? On a wooden walkway we will cross beautiful dune systems where vegetation grows adapted to these difficult conditions. We will enjoy going through an intermediate territory between land and sea. Inland, we will observe some marshes full of life whose landscape varies depending on the tides, where a great variety variety of waders find refuge, both for wintering and for breeding. As we move forward, we come across the remains of a set of defensive batteries that extend in this strategic place, and once at the tip of the spout, we will see the so-called Sancti Petri Castle, an islet where a mythical sanctuary was located in Roman times: the temple of Hercules, later turned into a defensive bulwark. The route will conclude with a pleasant walk along the beach back to the starting point, where you can enjoy free time at Camposoto beach.
Optionally, after eating, there is the possibility to visit the artisanal salt flats of Chiclana or take a walk in the vicinity of the Arillo River, where it is possible to observe many birds in the abandoned salt flats.
Details of the hiking and birdwatching in Cadiz Bay
|Departure time||8:00 am|
|Check in||18:00 approximately|
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
|Place of return||The same|
|Path length||5,2 km + 6,2 km optional|
|Slope||< 20 m|
||Winter, autumn, spring, summer|
|Additional information||If you want us to prepare an ecological picnic, you can request it with the reservation (€ 8 / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.|
|Type of excursion||It is a shared excursion where you can meet people with similar interests. If you are looking for a private excursion with your family or friends, ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
Degree of protection of natural area:
in 1989 it was declared a Natural Park, it is also a Special Protection Area for Birds (ZEPA) and Special Conservation Zone (ZEC) of the Natura 2000 European ecological network. In addition, it is included in the List of Wetlands of International Ramsar Importance.
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review