Nature experience in Sierra de Aracena Natural Park
Why it’s interesting? You can enjoy with all your senses the color of a riverside forest between chestnut trees and other mountain forests. This path runs through leafy places of high heritage value that unite two villages listed by their important historical heritage: Galaroza and Castaño del Robledo. We will enjoy the shady atmosphere of the Ribera de Jabugo, and the beautiful colors provided by the varied grove formed by poplars, willows, alders, accompanied by cork oaks, chestnut trees, holm oaks, and even Gall oaks in the most shady parts. At the end of it, we will arrive at Castaño del Robledo, a beautiful town that will not let us down. It is one of the most charming urban centers of the natural park, it is surrounded by oak and chestnut forests that have given the place its name. There are many resources of cultural interest that this small village possesses, among which the parish church of Santiago Apóstol and the unfinished church stand out. Linked to chestnut groves, the preparation of foods derived from chestnuts has traditionally been a widespread activity in much of the Sierra de Aracena. So much so that the preparation of chestnut jam has been included in the catalog of intangible heritage of this municipality. Nowadays you can still taste this delicious recipe at a local restaurant.
What is the itinerary?
Details of the hiking day trip in Sierra de Aracena
|Departure time||8:00 am|
|Check in||18:00 approximately|
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
|Place of return||The same|
|Path length||9,6 km (round trip)|
|Recommended season||Winter, autumn, spring|
|Additional information||If you want us to prepare an ecological picnic, you can request it with the reservation (€ 8 / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.|
|Type of excursion||It is a shared excursion where you can meet people with similar interests. If you are looking for a private excursion with your family or friends, ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
Degree of protection of the natural area
The Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche was declared a natural park in 1989. In 2002 it was integrated into the Dehesas Biosphere Reserve of Sierra Morena. In 2003 it was designated a Special Protection Area for Birds (ZEPA) and in 2006 it was included in the List of Sites of Community Importance (SCI). Finally, in 2012 the Special Conservation Zone (ZEC) of the Natura 2000 European network was declared.
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.