Nature experience in Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park
Why it’s interesting? On this tour you can get to know the pinsapar, a unique Spanish fir forest that appears exclusively in Andalusia. You can see up close the special forest of pinsapos located in the Sierra del Pinar, where this species of fir has found one of its last shelters to survive.
We will access this unique area via a track that runs parallel to the Pinar stream in the middle of a varied Mediterranean vegetation formed by holm oaks, lentisks and olivillas, with the occasional Gall oak in the shady areas. On the way you will enjoy the views of the Sierra del Pinar, where the silhouette of El Torreón stands out at 1,648 m, the highest point in the province of Cádiz, and with the sighting of the griffon vultures over our heads, which nest in the nearby walls of the Green Throat, making this one of the biggest colonies in Europe.
What is the itinerary?
Details of the hiking day trip in Sierra de Grazalema
|Departure time||8:00 am|
|Check in||18:00 approximately|
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
|Place of return||The same|
|Path length||12,4 km (round trip)|
||Winter, autumn, spring|
|Additional information|| If you want us to prepare an ecological picnic, you can request it with the reservation (€ 8 / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.
If you wish, during the free time in Zahara de La Sierra, you can taste delicious products.
|Type of excursion||It is a shared excursion where you can meet people with similar interests. If you are looking for a private excursion with your family or friends, ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
Degree of protection of the natural area: Sierra de Grazalema was declared a Biosphere Reserve in 1977 and a natural park in 1984. It is included as a Special Protection Area for Birds (ZEPA) and also as a Special Conservation Zone (ZEC) of the network Natura 2000 European. In 2006, it was included in the Mediterranean Intercontinental Reserve, along with other natural areas. It includes the Cuevas del Gato and Cueva del Hundidero Natural Monuments.
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.