Nature experience in Sierra Norte de Sevilla Natural Park
Why it’s interesting? You will come into contact with the authentic Mediterranean forest with areas of noble scrub and a patchwork of gallery forests associated with the course of the streams, where a varied fauna live, highlighting the presence of deer, otters, and a great variety of birds, especially birds of prey. Throughout the itinerary, you can understand how the exploitation of the different resources of the pastures takes place: cattle, hunting, cork, honey, among others. The route crosses an extensive forest area of great scenic beauty where we can see holm oak and cork oak trees typical of Sierra Morena. At the same time, you can enjoy the beautiful views of the gallery forest created by ash trees, willows, elms and alders along with numerous shrub species that contrast with the nearby areas, where scattered oaks grow between pastures for cattle.
What is the itinerary? We will walk along the Vía Verde of the Sierra Norte, which runs along the route of an old mining railway that transported the ore from the Cerro del Hierro to the port of Seville. Ascending gently, we will reach the Natural Monument Cascadas del Huéznar, an area of the river where beautiful waterfalls known as Las Chorreras and pools with abundant crystalline water appear. When you arrive in San Nicolás del Puerto, the Birth of the Rivera de Huéznar will surprise you. You will be able to appreciate the small bubbles that the water forms when leaving the bottom of some small transparent pools.
Details of the hiking day trip in Sierra Norte de Sevilla
|Departure time||7:30 am|
|Check in||17:30 approximately|
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
|Place of return||The same|
|Path length||6 km|
||Winter, autumn, spring|
|Additional information||If you want us to prepare an ecological picnic, you can request it with the reservation (€ 8 / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.|
|Type of excursion||It is a shared excursion where you can meet people with similar interests. If you are looking for a private excursion with your family or friends, ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
Degree of protection of the natural space: Sierra Norte de Sevilla has been declared a Natural Park since 1989 and is part of the Dehesas Biosphere Reserve of Sierra Morena together with the Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche Natural Park, in the province of Huelva and the Natural Park of the Sierra de Hornachuelos, in the one of Córdoba. It is a Special Protection Area for Birds (ZEPA) and a Special Conservation Zone (ZEC) of the Natura 2000 Network, and is also recognized as a UNESCO World Geopark.
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.