Family activity in Sierra de Aracena Natural Park
Why it’s interesting? You will have the opportunity to enjoy with the colors of a typical mountain riverbank, where unique vegetation grows that supports a great biodiversity. We will walk alongside genuine stone walls typical of these landscapes and next to the Navahermosa ravine, a stream that will lead us to the vicinity of the beautiful town of Valdelarco. The appeal of this picturesque urban complex, listed as a Cultural Interest Asset, will surely surprise you. If you wish, during the free time in Zahara de la Sierra, you can taste delicious mountain products.
What is the itinerary? First, we go to the village of Navahermosa until we reach a rest area located in a spectacular melojo oak forest. At this point the trail that runs parallel to a small stream begins where a colorful riverbank forest representative of these mountains grows. Walking without difficulty we will reach the beautiful town of Valdelarco that will surprise us with its ancient flavor and its sunny white houses facing south. After walking freely through its streets and tasting some local product, we start the way back until we reach the recreational area where we will take the picnic.
Details of the didactic hiking in Sierra de Aracena Natural Park
|Departure time||8:00 am|
|Check in||16:00 approximately|
|Meeting point||In your accommodation or at a meeting point that we agree on.|
|Place of return||The same|
|Path length||6 km (round trip)|
||Winter, autumn, spring|
|Additional information|| If you want us to prepare a healthy picnic, you can request it with the reservation (5 € / person). If you are a vegetarian or have any allergies, write to us and we will prepare something special for you.
If you wish, during the free time in Zahara de la Sierra, you can taste delicious mountain products.
|Type of excursion||It is a private excursion to go with your family or friends. If you need something special or a different language (german, italian, french), ask us for a quote and we will organize an experience to suit you.|
Degree of protection of the natural area
The Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche was declared a natural park in 1989. In 2002 it was integrated into the Dehesas Biosphere Reserve of Sierra Morena. In 2003 it was designated a Special Protection Area for Birds (ZEPA) and in 2006 it was included in the List of Sites of Community Importance (SCI). Finally, in 2012 the Special Conservation Zone (ZEC) of the Natura 2000 European network was declared.
This type of excursions must be booked and paid in advance, at least 48 hours before the departure date. If two days before the route has been completed, the minimum number of people (2 participants) has not been reached, a cancellation message will be sent and the amount paid will be returned in full.
Tour participants must:
- Choose an activity according to your physical condition and health status.
- Be on time for the meeting point. After 15 minutes of courtesy the group will leave.
- Stay on the route and close to the guide, being responsible for following the group, and following the instructions of the guides.
- Wear appropriate clothing and take necessary supplies, following the recommendations in the descriptive sheet of each activity.
- Always carry your national identity document or your passport.
- In the case of children under 18, go accompanied by one of their parents or legal guardians, who will be responsible for the child.
- Communicate at the time of booking the injuries or cardiovascular diseases, diseases, allergies and other injuries or circumstances that may interfere negatively with the activity.
- Not take dogs or any kind of pets on excursions.
- Comply with the regulation of the places visited and follow our code of good environmental practices in natural areas.
- Take responsibility for objects left inside the vehicle during the stops that are made.
- Maintain a responsible attitude with what it means to participate in the route.